GROUP CLASSESFOR BUSY PEOPLE
GROUP CLASSESFOR BUSY PEOPLE
Are you busy? Have a hectic schedule?
Can’t commit to a full 7-week obedience class?
Unsure of where to start training your new puppy or adult dog?
Looking to have fun with your dog while strengthening your bond?
Or, just ready to TRY SOMETHING NEW?
Then Level Up Group Classes are for you!
Group Obedience Class
With a Level Up Obedience Class membership, you can come to our drop-in obedience classes as often as you like for as long as you’d like. Get as much or as little training as you want or need based on your own expectations for your dog. Each level has specific skill requirements you must meet to move on to the next level so you and your dog progress through the levels at your own pace. It’s a new twist on dog training that allows busy owners the flexibility they need to train their dog and learn to work together. Move through all four levels or choose to stay at a lower level. The choice is yours!
All levels obedience classes include practical discussion about common problem dog behaviors and most levels will meet more than once a week, offering plenty of flexibility in your schedule!
Brianne makes training fun. She knows her stuff and she clearly truly loves working with the pups. I couldn’t wait for class each week!Elisabeth Cavallaro
Brianne was a great instructor and provided a structured but fun learning environment for me and my “therapy dog in-training”. We have been practicing the skills learned in class and will hopefully shine during the test!Nikki Bauman
What your dog learns:
LEVEL 1: STARTING OUT. Level 1 will introduce the basic commands sit, down, attention, introduction to “Leave It”, introduction to “go to bed”, and the name game (foundation for “come”). All dogs (even those with prior training) start in level 1.
• LEVEL 2: MANNERS TRAINING. Continued work on Level 1 skills, plus we’ll work on walking politely on a loose leash without pulling, paying attention to the owner while walking and ignoring other dogs. We’ll also begin working on come and stay.
• LEVEL 3: ADDING DISTRACTIONS. We’ll work on a long-distance come command, stay with distractions, loose-leash walking past distractions, and distance commands.
• LEVEL 4: ADVANCED TRAINING/ Canine Good Citizen We’ll put the finishing touches on all the basic skills learned throughout your membership and take the Canine Good Citizen and/or Community Canine tests, go on field trips around town, and work on off-leash skills.
What you gain:
- Peace of mind
- A better mannered dog
- Valuable dog training skills you can use throughout your dog’s lifetime
- A stronger bond with your dog
- The ability to better manage and fix problem behaviors
- A well adjusted, confident dog
- A better understanding of canine body language
- New dog loving friends!
- Lifetime training support for you and your dog
Sorry, group classes are currently on hold as we search for a new location!
AKC STAR Puppy Certificate
Start your new puppy off on the right paw with STAR – Socialization, Training, Activity, and Responsibility.
The AKC Star Puppy Certificate is a great way to show your commitment to being a responsible pet parent and to lifelong training with your new friend.
Any dog under one year of age that attends 6 weeks of class may take the AKC Star Puppy test. Testing is offered on demand for group class participants.
AKC Canine Good Citizen Certificate
Whether you just want to show of your dog’s intelligence or are pursuing therapy dog registration, we encourage all of our students to work towards testing for their Canine Good Citizen Certificate.
The CGC TEST consists of 10 skills needed by all well-mannered dogs. It includes basic obedience skills, as well as manners needed while out on the town.
CGC testing is offered to both private and group lesson students as needed. Most group students can expect to be ready to test for the CGC after 4 to 6 months of group class enrollment.
Most private students can expect to be ready to test for the CGC after 10 sessions.
Each dog and owner pair progresses at their own rate. The more you practice at home and out on the town, the faster you’ll be ready!